Matt battled several forms of cancer since the age of 2 and survived over 1700 operations. Through all of that he maintained a tenderness and courage that made him widely beloved. One of the places he was known and beloved was SHARE/WHEEL’s Tent City 3, which he said “was a place he could be accepted and loved as he was.”
- Matt Barrett obituary from Seattle Times
- Tribute to Matt from Greater Seattle Cares
- A View from the Street, Matt’s blog
- A Lifelong Journey, a feature on Matt by the Invisible Disabilities Association
- Walking with Giant, photo essay by Ilona Berzups
Matt’s Leaf is located at the Seattle Central Library. If you have photos or memories of Matt, please comment.