How You Can Help the Homeless Remembrance Project
- LEARN MORE ABOUT US! Here, and at our other website, http://homelessproject.org/.
- JOIN US!: Share your gifts with us! We typically meet at 4 pm on the third Wednesday of every month at Mary’s Place Community Center (314 Bell St). Call (206) 956-0334 for information or to confirm meeting time/day.
- HELP WITH FUNDRAISING!:
- We need the support of fundraisers and grantwriters! We are a small, grassroots committee with a steep learning curve on fundraising. Join us, or let us know if you have contacts/ideas!
- We’ve raised more than $63,000 to make our Department of Neighborhoods Large Project Fund Matching requirement. We’ll need more to complete our full Phase 1 Project Budget, especially for the “Tree of Life” construction. Checks should be made out to WHEEL, with “Homeless Remembrance Project” in the memo line.
- If you are part of a religious congregation or service organization, ask whether the Homeless Remembrance Project Committee can make a presentation or request for support to your group.
WHEEL (the Women’s Housing, Equality and Enhancement League) is a democratically organized, grassroots group of homeless and formerly homeless women. WHEEL is a 501(c)3 and the facilitator and fiscal sponsor for the Homeless Remembrance Project, and can answer questions about or take donations toward this worthy project.
WHEEL Women’s Housing, Equality and Enhancement League
P.O. Box 2548
Seattle WA 98111-2548